Game of Scotland Yard
3 Key Movement Rules for all players
On your turn, you will have to follow the following rules.
- You can only move on the colored route and to the next numbered location on the route that matches the ticket you paid. The routes are
- solid yellow line for Taxi.
- solid green line for Bus.
- broken red line for Underground.
The same rule applies for Mr X also.
- No player can refuse to move(neither the detective nor the Mr X) and remain in the same location unless you run out of the tickets(e.g. if you land on a stop where there are only taxi routes while you have only bus and underground tickets left).
- You can never move to an already occupied location by another detective. There can never be two detective on the same spot - and,of course, if Mr X moved onto a location occupied by Mr. X, the game would be over! There are no other restrictions to the movement. You can double back on your turn to a location you just occupied.